The Magnalite Classic 13-Piece Cookware Set is part of a cookware line with tradition. This set was originally developed in 1934 and includes pots and pans, a Dutch oven, a casserole pan, skillet and all of their lids.
Surprising or not, the qualities of this set are still fantastic and meets the needs of even today’s cooks. Even if some might consider its look somehow retro, it is characterized by a timeless design that I personally like. It’s unique and has it’s own look.
It is said that some things are better left unchanged. This is exactly the case of the hand-cast aluminum construction of these pots and pans, as well as their extra-thick bases which is very important for even heat distribution while cooking.
The casting process allows the fabrication of pots and pans that do not have the same thickness throughout their bottoms and walls. Because the thickness is easy to control, the manufacturers are able to smoothly go from thick to thin in all the right places.
The layers of metal must be arranged in a certain manner in order to conduct the heat property. Magnalite has succeeded in creating the best heat-conducting construction. Heating and cooking the food evenly is the dream of every cook.
In addition, the energy savings made possible by the usage of this robust deluxe set are much appreciated.When you have a heavy bottom pan, once it heats up it cooks with just a little heat applied. So you’re turning down the stove and saving on gas or electric, depending on your stove.
The lids included in this set are important to mention too. Their efficient lock-in style enables the preparation of highly nutritive dishes.
About the Manufacturer: Magnalite
The name of this company comes from an invention patented by its founder members. At that time, William and Louis Wagner have created a new alloy by combining aluminum and magnesium in an unknown and unique way. 1934 was their lucky year and the year when they have started the Magnalite business.
Their invention was first appreciated by professional chefs, but gradually more and more home chefs have taken interest in it.
Magnalite as a material has excellent heat conducting properties. On top of that, it confers a smooth and durable finish. Even if washed with water and soap, the cookware made by Magnalite does not get rusty.
Here are some of the other features…
- 1 and 2-quart covered saucepans, 5-quart covered Dutch oven with rack, 3-quart covered casserole, 10” open skillet and 15” covered roaster with Rack
- Convection heating is facilitated
- Resists in the oven until up to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Not dishwasher friendly
- 50-year limited warranty
Here are some of the pros and cons…
- Solid cookware – This set does not impress through design or sparkling colors, but by serving its purpose.
- Even cooking – The occurrence of hot spots is excluded even after long use. The bottom and the walls of every piece warm up evenly.
- Durable set – The materials used are heavy-duty, hard to scratch and, generally, hard to damage.
- Easy to clean and maintain – The food does not stick and even if it does a little, the layer of food can be removed after soaking the pot or the pan in soapy water. The usage of abrasive cleaners is prohibited.
- Locked-in flavors – The lids are truly effective and retain the moisture in.
- Not as thick as before – The new generation of the Magnalite Classic cookware set is not as thick and as heavy as it first was. But it’s still thicker than many of their competitors. and plenty thick enough for even today’s most choosy home cooks and professionals alike.
- Not Ceramic – I personally prefer ceramic cookware. So perhaps this is just a negative for me and not so much you.
Usually, people upgrade their cookware with a more modern set, but in this case it is strongly recommended to upgrade with a classic. These pots and pans are made according to the initial manufacturing instructions and some people have them for over 30 years. You can benefit from the exceptional quality and delicious meals you’ll be cooking by choosing the Magnalite Classic 13-Piece Cookware Set too.
And grab the best food processor as well and have everything you need to start cooking great food now!