The Brinkmann Smoke-N-Grill Charcoal Smoker and Grill is quite popular when it comes to grilling as well as home smoking. It is designed to hold as much as 50 pounds of food and can be converted easily to an electric grill.
This smoker will work on a wide range of foods including ham, chicken, turkey, pork roast, steak and more. A best seller for under $100.00 – customer reviews have been great with high marks for the flavor and quality of the foods.
Different types of meats can be smoked or cooked at the same time. Water is used to regulate or keep the cooking temperature at the different levels constant. However, faster cooking meats such as turkey or steak, or those that require quick removal needs to be placed at the top level. And this unit can do just that. That’s why it’s one of our top picks for cheap electric smoker options.
- The primary color is black.
- It ships in a weight of approximately 21.25 pounds.
- It comes with two tightly hinged doors made from chrome at the front. This ensures that minimal heat is lost during operation.
- The grill and smoker comes with legs to support it.
- There is a charcoal pan at the bottom.
- It also features a pan for putting water above the charcoal pan. The water makes certain that the heat is evenly distributed.
- There is a loose fitting lid to conserve heat and well as minimize water loss.
- It is equipped with two steel grills which are chrome plated.
- It is can hold as much as 50 pounds (23 kilograms) of food.
- There is a heat indicator that displays the cooking temperature. Therefore, the inconvenience of assuming or guessing the temperature is eradicated.
- It comes with two wooden handles on each side. This makes it safe and easy to carry around.
- No battery is featured in the Brinkmann Smoke-N-Grill Charcoal Smoker and Grill unit.
- Assembling the unit is straightforward requiring approximately thirty minutes.
- The smoker and grill is lightweight, portable and easy to store
- Stainless steel construction makes it easy to clean.
- The product is well designed and looks great.
- The unit is quite durable and well suited for first time users.
- It is fairly priced compared to other products in the market.
- Controlling the heat is a bit challenging since there is no way of controlling the airflow.
- The smoker and grill has poor heat retention.
- Not ideal when smoking meats for extended periods of time
- Requires hand tools to assemble
- The temperature control gauge can be difficult to read
Here’s what one of the owners had to say about the Brinkmann Smoke-N-Grill Charcoal Smoker and Grill:
“The Brinkmann Smoke ‘N Grill is a perfect way to get started in smoking. I assembled it and and started using it last weekend. My chuck roast turned out so tender and juicy that I was asked to do a repeat performance today (which I am in the middle of doing).”